Dr. Ihsan is a Professor in Al-Ahliyya Amman University- Amman, Jordan since 2007. Previously hold the position of
· Dean, School of Engineering and Design, Al -Bayan University, Abu Dhabi, UAE, 1997-1999
. Dean, College of Art & Architecture, Jordan University for Women, Amman, 1993-1995
· Chairman, Dept. of Architecture, College of Engineering, University of Baghdad, Iraq, 1986-1991.
Ihsan Fethi, published Six Books and Over 50 Research Papers, including:
· The Architectural Heritage of Baghdad, London 1979
· Traditional Houses in Baghdad, UK, 1983,
· Baghdad, Today and Yesterday, Baghdad, 1987
· Contemporary Architecture in Baghdad, Tokyo, 1985
· The Mosque: An Architectural Essay, New York, 1986
· Traditional Houses in Amman, Amman, 1992
· The Architectural Heritage of Palestine, Amman, 1996
· The Art of Yasin Muhammadawi, Sumerian Inspirations, Amman, 2009.
· My Iraq- A Photographic Autobiography & More, Amman, 2010.
Besides, Ihsan Fethi, is working on some other books and papers to be published. He also supervised and revised the translation of 4 architecture books Into Arabic, published articles and did several interviews in Magazines and Newspapers.