Sirwan Karkukly Zada
B.Sc. , PhD.
Founder and the First Dean of College of Engineering, University of Sulaimani (1968-1970). Finished his PhD in Cambridge University, U.K in 1965.
Dr. Sirwan is the founder and the First Dean of College of Engineering, University of Sulaimani (1968-1970). Born in 1941, Sulaymaniyah, Kurdistan Region of Iraq. Finished B.Sc.(Hon) in Civil Engineering in College of Engineering, Baghdad University in 1961 and PhD in Cambridge University, U.K in 1965.
Karkukly Zada has published over 30 research papers, took the position of:
- Project Manager in Saafat Al Basra Project; 1822 Housing units in Basra City (2012-2013)
- Consultant in
- Commercial Bank of Kuwait-Sulaimaniyah Branch (2007- 2008 )
- Foundation Engineering Consultant for Media Medical and Cancer Centre-Erbil (2005)
- Dilshad Rasheed Contracting Company Sulaimaniyah , Iraq (2004-2005)
- Manager, Civil Engineering Unit, Electricity Network Rehabilitation Program (UNDP / ENRP) (2002-31 Dec 2003 )
- National Supervisor, Civil Engineering Unit (UNDP / ENRP) (2000-2002)
- Director –General, in the Government of the Republic of Iraq (1998-2000)
- Chairman, Tourism Board of Iraq, Council of Ministers (1991-1998)
- President of State Organization of Buildings , Ministry of Works and Construction (1984-1986)
- Director-General, Administration of non-Aligned Countries Conference Buildings Project (1978-1984)
- Director-General, Buildings and Services Department, Ministry of Planning (1970-1978)
- Member, UN Economic and Social Council (1974- 1976)
- Director, Building Research and Testing Laboratory (1967-1968)
- Soils Engineer , Ministry of Works and Housing (1965-1967)